Thursday, August 25, 2011

In the Good Times

It's good to be back to blogging! I've had a busy couple of months and, of course, neglected to blog in the midst of it. I'm pretty much settled in the new place now and life is good. The thing is ... I realized with all that was going good in my life I was not only neglecting my blog, but I was also neglecting to spend time with Jesus. Sure ... I said a quick "Thank you, Lord!" and "Help me, Jesus!" once in a while, but I started to feel distant from Him. I know He would never leave me, so it was obvious that I was the one falling away. Getting wrapped up in the things of this world.


The good news is that He is a forgiving God. He welcomed me back with open arms. I'm glad I didn't stay away too long because, now that I'm back, I realize how much I missed being close to Him.

Two years ago I was going through some real Hell in my life. During that time I was so close to Him ... every second. I was too terrified to fall away. I knew how much I needed Him. For everything. He held me, comforted me, pulled me through. He brought many people into my life to help keep me focused on Him. As much as I don't miss the Hell I was going trough back then, I do miss the closeness I felt to Him "in the bad times."

So my prayer in this season of my life is that He keeps me close "in the good times." The times when I might be deceived into feeling that I can make it on my own. In those times I want to remember that I can't make it on my own ... and I don't want to. Life apart from Him - no matter how good it looks in the world's eyes - can never truly be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment